Nammo NAD at Løkken Verk
Nammo NAD AS has been involved with demilitarization since the beginning of the 1990s. A former copper mine, Nammo NAD’s Løkken Verk location is ideally suited to the destruction and disposal of obsolete ammunition and explosives, from small caliber through to large complex missile systems. Typically, munitions do not need unpacking or disassembly prior to controlled underground detonations in a secure closed detonation chamber some 900 meters below ground. Nammo NAD has performed daily detonations since becoming part of the Nammo Group in 1999 and has safely processed in excess of 10 000 tons of demil product.
A Unique and World Class Facility
- Provides high temperature and pressure over an extended time period, enhancing the complete disposal of energetic material and any inert components.
- Employs a simple, safe and environmentally considerate process. Tough granite rock gives the opportunity for reusing the chambers daily and offers environmental security supplemented with filtration processes.
- No unpackaging needed.
- Able to process all types of ammunition and explosive product (although there are restrictions on smoke and illuminating).
- Detonations of up to 2.5 tons NEQ or 6 tons gross weight a day.
- On site “goods in”, licensed explosive storage houses, workshops, detonation chamber and offices.
- A world-class unique facility.
- Ability to completely destroy security sensitive ammunition natures at NAD Norway.